Monday, March 24, 2014

Take heart.


My father had a heart attack earlier this evening. 

He is no longer in critical condition, but they will need to keep him in the hospital for the next few days to monitor his condition. The doctor said he was lucky to be alive, with three arteries being 95% - 100% clogged.

He looked so small and weak tonight, when we were finally able to see him. I couldn't hold back my tears. The nurse teasingly asked him what upset him, and he simply replied, "Oh, nothing, I just got emotional."

It is strange how life is, sometimes, sudden and surprising and sobering. Just yesterday we were celebrating my mother and brother's joint birthdays at my parents' home and then today all of us are in a hospital waiting room doing just that -- waiting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails