Friday, August 6, 2010

A moment.

Life has been well, yet exhausting, on many levels.

Exhausting, not only in terms of the actual brainwork that I have to do, but rather, the range of personalities I have come across and have had to deal with on so many occasions, in so many differing situations, in the last few weeks. Sensitivities; misunderstandings; egos; what else.

We are such complicated creatures, us humans and our natures. And although I usually try to sympathize and be more compassionate, there are times where I just want to cut off all contact, no matter what or how much someone brings to the table.

Because at the end of the day, an asshole's just an asshole, and a bitch is just a bitch, no matter who he is, or who she knows.

But I am being unfair. For every unfortunate being I come across, there are ten others whose presence I thoroughly enjoy and admire. And that's the secret to a happy person, living a happy life: you make the good stuff count for more than the bad stuff, that's all.

I had a moment, a few days ago. One of those moments where your heart swells to such great heights, and you don't know what prompted it, exactly. The stress? The gratitude? The hopes, and pride, and anticipation for what's to come, perhaps?

I will say this, though: never rush something simply to "get it done". Take your time. Enjoy your life. Perfect your craft, pursue your passions. Don't put your name on anything that isn't up to your level of quality and professionalism.

Because Rome wasn't built in one day. Nor did the Michaels become the stars that they are, overnight.


And when you fail, be sure to surround yourself with those who will lift you up and who will never, ever let you stay down.

In other exciting news: I received my Canon Rebel XSi yesterday, and have been... fairly obsessed with it. Can't wait to play with my new toy and share with you all the photos I have been brewing up in my head soon.

1 comment:

Tu-Anh said...

this entry in particular rings so true to everything i've been enduring in the past month. I've cut two people off. You know who i'm talking about. and it doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. ive come to realize a sad truth, people will come and go in your life all the time. good people, bad people. We have no control over it. we can only appreciate the time we had with them and hope that it was worthwhile in that they left a mark, or vice versa; that a lesson was learned and a life was changed.

but as social as i claim to be i am as anti-social as well. i sometimes wish i could cut all ties and go away.

anyways, looking forward to our next hour long chats =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails