Thursday, March 17, 2011

Traveling Thursday: The Great Escape.

There is something magical in simple moments; the ordinariness of things. Like the very second I awake to Manfriend's soft goodbye kisses before he leaves in the mornings. Like the few minutes I take to stare at the ceiling, letting the familiar warmth of the bed cover and sheets hold on to me just a little longer; letting my body and mind slowly get used to conscious movement and thoughts again.

I'm just another girl trying to do something meaningful and beautiful in this lifetime of mine. Like the blue-green ocean; just another body of water with its rising waves and tides, but with its vast and endless horizon filled with possibilities.

I'll be reaching out to the sea this weekend, while the sands of Florida run through my fingers. And even though I will enjoy my time in the sun with my girlfriends, I will miss the touch and feel that is ineffably his the most.

{a few photos of my last whirlwind-of-a-weekend trip to Ormond Beach, FL two Springs ago}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails