Sunday, May 23, 2010

I once dated Deceit.

Some information was revealed to me yesterday -- information that made my stomach churn, information that made me want to hurl, while I stood in the middle of a loud and crowded place, with the sounds of rock 'n roll music and the smells of beer and marijuana and sweat and humid, wet pavement floating up towards the vast and empty, never-ending space above me.


Somewhere in the hazy background of that moment's reality, I believe I heard the Stone Temple Pilots perform a song my mind vaguely recognized, but all I kept thinking of -- all I could think of -- was, "My life will officially be a ridiculous sitcom if STP started singing 'Dumb Love' right now."

And here I was, going around telling people I didn't know who the Stone Temple Pilots were, when in fact, I actually knew them all along.

Now if only I could say the same about someone who was once so close to me.

Deceive yourself, you're all alone. Deceive yourself, your secret's known.

Some people disgust me so badly... but in this case, I went to bed later that night, unable to fall asleep, for I was unable to shake this piece of information out of my head, feeling so disgusted with no one else but myself for not knowing better.

Because deceit, whether it is happening then or now, is still deceit in all of its ugly form.

And I find it sad and unfortunate that ugly humans with ugly souls will rarely ever reform.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

those people can just as easily make your days today much more bitter or much more sweeter. i'm grateful for the all the good people that i have in my life, too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails