Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fashion inspiration needed, STAT!

I am sitting here, feeling both nervous and excited about our photoshoot for a local boutique's lookbook tomorrow. My friend Tu-Anh is all sorts of talented; I really admire her for always being able to connect so many different people, from all different walks of life, all for a common cause. I am so humbled and thankful to be part of this project!

The bad: I am an awkward child, and will probably need lots of direction with posing and such.
The good: No figuring out what to wear because other people will do that for me!



On a similar note, I envy those women who always manage to look well put-together, whether they are at home or abroad. I personally never know what to pack when going on an extended trip, and usually end up cramming all sorts of items into my luggage the night before -- or, too often, right before rushing off to the airport the day of.

Ultimately, figuring out what to wear while you are away for six days would be a significantly easier task if I had a perfectly organized closet... versus having to sift through mounds of clothes, digging through six different drawers, looking for my favorite floral dress, or that one, specific gray sweater that would be perfect to snuggle up with on the plane. Picking out outfits should be fun, fun, fun, not a chore!

With that said, Operation Closet-Clean-Out, a la Carrie Bradshaw-style, is long overdue. Now all I would need is a sassy personal assistant to help me sort through the mess (and firmly reprimand me for still wanting to hold on to those too-short short shorts)!

Before


After!

More closet inspirations to remind me that I can no longer procrastinate on this matter:







Am in love with the last photo. In total, and utter, love with it. What a whimsically creative way to pare down the clutter (forcing myself to only keep important pieces), while also making great use of available space! Am officially smitten.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails