Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Carving your own path.

I can hardly contain my excitement at becoming an official graduate student this Fall.

I am meeting my academic advisor this Friday. After a very long time -- or at least, what feels like a very long time -- I've finally figured out what I want to do. And, truth be told, I was a little scared when I realized that I didn't -- that I never -- want to go to law school. What do I do now? Where do I go from here? There were a multitude of possibilities, and perhaps, maybe even a little too many.

But I am so glad I took my time to sort through the options, and am even more glad that my parents supported me during my exploratory stage, encouraging me to find something that fit. There's nothing worse than having people pressure you into a commitment or force you down a path so far away from your own vision for yourself, and your life.

Slowly, but surely, I'm looking forward to moving forward.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails