Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Inspiration and collaboration.


Karl Lagerfeld's designs are coming to Macy's nationwide on August 31 for a fraction of the luxury brand's price. His sketches above aren't exactly what I expected from him, but they're making my head turn with ideas and inspiration.

I've selectively shared my vision and goals with two more friends whom I admire and respect deeply. I think with any venture, big or small, you need to build support for it while also being open for constructive criticism. Too often, we are so focused on what we are trying to achieve, we get tunnel vision, or become caught in the unrealistic expectations we've built for ourselves.

As I move forward, I am finding people who will not only listen to what I have to say, but will also share their concerns/advice that will come from a well-meaning, well-intentioned place, versus stemming from jealousy or competitiveness. That's the very worst.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails