Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Can you see me? All of me?

Manfriend knows about my many mistakes.



He knows I'm nowhere near perfect. He knows about the types of sticky situations I've gotten into; the types of men I've used and fucked. He knows I have been no stranger to lies, betrayal, and deceit -- rarely as the silent victim, but oftentimes, as the secret perpetrator. He knows that I have done certain things, have said certain things, have hid certain things, to protect and further my own interests and no one else's.

He knows.

He knows that I am broken. If not a lot, then at least a little, with emotional scars on my soul that seemingly won't heal. Problems and traumas I somehow can't let go of, yet still insist on working through them myself without anyone else's help.

And yet he still wants to love me.

And yet, he loves me, still, he insists.

And, well, maybe it is time I accept that I, indeed, have the capacity to not only love, but to be loved as well, despite my shortcomings and failures, as a human being.



How much of your dirty laundry have you aired to a significant other?

And, after all that's said and done, are you guys still together?

3 comments:

BamBoo said...

Well you know my dirty laundry as well...Jake knows all of it. At least all he wants to know. That dirty laundry makes us appreciate our manfriends more. How else would we know that we have the best man that compliments us without having the worst? =) Either way, like you and Tony, Jake loves me for who I am...even if he does joke about how I was from a convent and he turned me haha. PS, i love you and manfriend <3

Cwis said...

best thing you can do is be honest...i need your vocabulary...haha

sraSEOULee said...

i definitely keep eeeeverything too closed off. too much pride, is part of it.

but u know, the right person can change that.. and u open up without even meaning to

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails