Wednesday, April 21, 2010

DC Eats: Founding Farmers

I finally got to check out Founding Farmers with some work colleagues earlier today, courtesy of my firm.

Considering I have been working right across the street from them for almost a year and a half now, I find it hard to believe that I have not been to this place a lot sooner (but only because I heard the wait is usually abnormally long, even with reservations)!



Located in the International Monetary Fund building, Founding Farmers is DC's self-proclaimed "greenest restaurant": everything about this place is organic and eco-friendly! The food -- meats, fish, and produce -- arrive daily from various family farmers who collectively own the restaurant (hence, its name!), and the interior design focuses on employing natural, sustainable materials (menus are made from recycled paper, lots of natural, low-voltage lighting, etc).





From other people's reactions and face expressions, the rotisserie chicken and steak seemed to be a hit or miss.

Lucky for me, I opted to try something different. Whereas the salad was dull and unimpressive, the corvina fish with sea salt and cracked black pepper was a very pleasant surprise!

I am far from being a fish person -- but all I did was squeeze a little lemon on that thing, and, combined with a side of mashed potatoes, this was a truly tasty entree! The triple layer chocolate mousse cake was also a nice finish to the meal. Yum!





***

Founding Farmers

www.wearefoundingfarmers.com
1924 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20006
(202) 822-8783

***


SKIP IT OR HIT IT:
Definitely hit it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails