Friday, April 23, 2010

Happiness comes from spreading happiness.

I've had a most miserable day at work earlier today, but taking a few minutes to write a quick thank you card made me feel SO MUCH BETTER -- so much better, actually, that I ended up writing a few more cards to a few more people at various points throughout the day.





Seriously. The emotional transformation -- my going from being unhappy, to happy -- was almost an instantaneous one.

In fact, the act of sitting down, slowing down your thoughts, and putting your heart and soul into how to best express your gratefulness towards someone really gets the happiness factor going.

Because once you remember to count your blessings, and start thinking about all the most wonderful things and people you are thankful for, not being happy suddenly becomes... well, quite silly, really.

Speaking of silly, I love reading my friend Sahar's design and art blog. She always has the most amazing finds! One of her most recent entries features PostCarden, a quirky card company specializing in pop-up cards that turn into mini-gardens.

Yes, you read right, my friend. Pop-up cards. That turn into mini-gardens. Hence, its name, "PostCarden". How witty, yes? Pure genius, I say!




You can watch how it all happens here:


The imaginative minds of some people out there never ceases to amaze me -- and, quite honestly, their talent also leaves me with a teeny tiny pinch of envy, at times. If only I had more free time on my hands!... I'm pretty creative, if I do say so myself. A few cards I've made for loved ones a few months ago, when the entire D.C. metro area was snowed in with nowhere to go:





And, just in case you were wondering, NO pre-cut letters or stamps, the penmanship and drawings are my own, and YES, I really am THAT cheesy and corny in real life. *CHEEEEEEESE*.

HAPPY FRIDAY, lovelies!

2 comments:

sraSEOULee said...

<3 <3 <3 eeee!!!!!

Marcia B. said...

Omg i want the PostCarden! COOOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails