Monday, October 4, 2010

Capturing it all.

I do not consider myself to be a writer, much less a very good one, at that -- but for some reason or another, many people have been compelled enough by my writing to go as far as compliment me.

And although I have never been very good or gracious at accepting praise, I always make it a goal to thank them for their words. Because for what it's worth, however genuine or critical or superficial they are, their words encourage me to keep making sense of my thoughts, so that I can keep finding the right words to capture it all.

Because I have to capture it all, you see. Or else, no matter what I delude myself into believing, those memories will quietly make their escape one day, sooner or later, one way or another.


And when words fail me and refuse to come to me -- well, this is one of the reasons why I have been getting more into photography lately.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails