Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More than words.


"Even now, all possible feelings do not yet exist, there are still those that lie beyond our capacity and our imagination. From time to time, when a piece of music no one has ever written or a painting no one has ever painted, or something else impossible to predict, fathom or yet describe takes place, a new feeling enters the world. And then, for the millionth time in the history of feeling, the heart surges and absorbs the impact."

- Nicole Krauss, The History of Love

I've (nicely) requested Manfriend that he serenade me at our wedding. I can't sing, though, he protested. But then I heard him quietly, almost inaudibly, hum the words to one of my favorite songs when it came on the radio a few minutes later.

Everything is nothing until someone gives it a meaning.

2 comments:

jen - ciaobella said...

wait. are you engaged? if so, congrats! if not, it's a matter of time.i seem to have distanced myself from xangaland since a lot of the girlies i stuck around with have left! i miss leaving comments on yours and scriptas page...hope all is well and happy new year doll! xo

Kim said...

ciao, bellaaaaa! no, no; not engaged, yet. i'm just super in love and probably getting ahead of myself but i'm having too much fun to stop myself. but manfriend and i have been tossing around some ideas, and are loosely looking at potential venues, themes, etc. he mentioned to my parents that "we" are planning on getting married in 2012, so i'm guessing that was his way of telling me to look out for a proposal by the end of this year?!

how are youuuu! miss you and our little comments to each other, too. hope everything is going well, what are your plans post-law school, hun?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails