Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Writing on Wednesdays.


I have a couple of deadlines coming up that require me to write rather extensively -- and, yet, here I am, procrastinating, writing on my blog instead, as an excuse to get the creative juices flowing. I definitely have my priorities straight, don't I?

Considering my writing group meets on Wednesdays, I only see it fit that I dedicate this day to writing. I write regularly -- for work, and for professional and entrepreneurial blogs as well -- but I have not written something personal or poignant in a while. I am tempted to blame it on lack of time, but perhaps the truth rests more between a lack of confidence in my writing abilities, and a lack of want to share.

First personal writing project: a handwritten letter to Manfriend, while he is traveling on business. He gifted me a box of love letters, written by famous names such as Beethoven and Napoleon to their amours, this past Valentine's Day. I'll consider that my inspiration to leave behind a written (physical, versus digital) legacy.

1 comment:

emma lee said...

awwww i love hearing about you and your Man. super cute! as for the grad school stuff...thnx =/ its strange how different deadines are across the board! a friend of mine already got accepted into his MBA program in dec, and now my cousin is flying to philly to interview for upenn. meanwhile ... i'm here lol. its different here. the year feels like 1840's and it's so much more behind 3rd world. it's probably 4th. but yes, very important for the ngo world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails