Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wearing white.


I attended my very first bridal expo a few weekends ago with the Best Friend, where we spent most of our time squeezing through the crowds for second (and third) cake tastings before claiming our seats for the bridal fashion show. Then we giddily oohed and aahed over the glossy photos in the brochures and magazines while we waited for the procession of wedding dresses to float down the runway at any given moment.



But, alas. We were highly disappointed as the models came out one after the other in awfully ill-fitted dresses that made the show rather painful (and comical) to watch. My recently engaged girlfriend, who had given me free tickets to the event (thanks, K!), agreed: we had such high hopes for some of the designer collections, but spent the majority of the time wrinkling our noses, snickering, totally unimpressed. I was so, so excited to get a sneak peek of the White by Vera Wang collection for David's Bridal in person (the collection hits stores on February 11th), but maybe I should have just stuck with admiring the pretty pictures instead.



And so, perhaps the most important lessons to take away from all this for my own special day, is the following: 1) see it and feel it before you buy it, and 2) I better find myself a damn good seamstress, for sure.

Screenshots via The Huffington Post.

1 comment:

v o j a c q u e said...

(assuming from the previous blog posts) are you getting married soon? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails