Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 1 - Your Best Friend

Dear Best Friend,


It's funny, these two words making up one term. 

Best. 

Friend. 

It is almost as if it has an expiration date, not to be employed once we are past elementary school.  It almost sounds slightly trite, maybe even juvenile, for two women in their mid-twenties to refer to each other as such. 

And yet, at the same time, in an age where Facebook has diluted the meaning of the word "friend", and in a world where "best" is always relative, this simple, single, sewed-together term doesn't even begin to encompass the deep, deep love and support we have had for each other over this past decade.

And the best part of our unique friendship -- the very best part, is that I know, without a doubt, that there will be many more decades to come filled with laughter and tears with you, my beautiful friend and soul sister.  I don't know what I would do without you in my life, and I can't wait to celebrate yet another wonderful, most-likely-to-be eventful birthday with you next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails