Monday, December 30, 2013

Moving on.

Around this time last year, I was packing up my things and relinquishing the keys to my 'single girl apartment'.

This year, the Husband and I have been purging our things while packing up together. Throughout it all, I kept asking myself at least a dozen times, "How in the fuck, did I accumulate so much shit, in so little time?!"

We've also been sprucing up our current place (this included everything from painting to caulking to replacing all the hardware -- I'm such a handy(wo)man, now!) for our new tenant who was, thankfully, incredibly flexible and patient with last-minute schedule changes that were beyond our control. God bless her heart.

Everything happened in less than a month, and with the holiday season taking up half of that time, I could not have been more grateful and relieved that everything fell into place the way they did, when they did.

It seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life -- some calm before the storm; small, fleeting glimpses of beauty amongst the chaos; rainbows, after torrential rains.

It has been both exhausting and exhilarating. I'm definitely excited, sure, but to be honest, I'm really looking forward to just enjoying the dust settling soon, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails