Sunday, December 29, 2013

The one day I once dreamed of.

It's slightly scary, sometimes. 

Because my dreams are always so vivid, there are moments -- real life moments -- where I am afraid I'll wake up, disappointed. 

But I don't. I'm alive and well and happy. I turned 28 this year and it feels both terribly young and old at the same time and there are still days -- weeks -- where I feel minuscule and unknowing about my place and purpose in this world. 

And then I look across the table from me, studying my husband's raised eyebrow, not anticipating his next question, my girlish giggle quickly turning into a full-blown laugh at his own wistful answer. 

My worries dissipate, like dawn breaking in the horizon, making way for a new day.

It'll be a new year, soon. I hope I'll get to savor this one just as well.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails