Friday, April 17, 2015

That writing life.

This was the first week where I started to feel frustrated with a highly visible project. 

The goal kept changing and there were too many cooks in the kitchen.

Feelings were hurt. Time was wasted. And I found myself missing the mark, writing the wrong things, again and again, depending on who you talked to and what their moods were like that day.

But then a parent friend reached out, expressing her excitement over the discovery of our company's products and our newest curriculum, and I realized that it is all part of the process. At the end of the day, we are doing something amazing. Our mission is important. My words mean something. My work is impactful.

Then I wrapped up three more deadlines nearly a week ahead of schedule, and spent the rest of my Friday afternoon chatting while nibbling on stinky cheese and bidding a farewell to a coworker whom I felt like I've known for years instead of months.

I'm right where I'm supposed to be. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails