Monday, April 13, 2015

Your health is everything.

This past week was a tough one, following a few hours spent in the ER the week prior. 

It was scary not knowing and even more stressful trying not to worry and stop wondering.

I finally took it easy and worked from home two Fridays ago, whereupon I called over a dozen doctors' offices in between tasks and emails to explain to them the unfortunate timing and circumstances I currently found myself in.

Half of them didn't have openings until the summertime. The other half were currently not accepting new patients. One of them even rejected me with "patient restrictions based on age and/or gender" as one of three listed reasons.

And then just as I was feeling at my lowest, I somehow managed to get in with a provider five minutes away from our home. 

He's not the best with bedside manners. But he knows what he's doing. More importantly, he gives it to me straight and in turn, I was told I was his most honest patient as we walked through my health history together.

I am due back in two weeks v. the typical monthly check-ins at this juncture; two appointments lined up for both that Friday and Monday, and then we'll go from there. 

That's the only thing we can do, really, from this point forward. Go from there.

It's frustrating. I am hoping. Maybe even praying.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails