Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DC Eats: The Greenhouse at the Jefferson Hotel.


I was the lucky winner of a complimentary three-course meal at the recently renovated Jefferson Hotel, courtesy of my firm during this past holiday party's raffle. I brought along Manfriend as my guest, and we had a delightfully luxurious lunch at the beautifully decorated Greenhouse. From the relaxing and romantic atmosphere to the attentive wait staff and amazing food, it was a highly enjoyable (and totally unpretentious) dining experience! The habachi ceviche, quiche du jour, and scrambled eggs with caviar, especially, were simply excellent. I am foaming at the mouth just thinking about it.



The concierge, Chris, graciously took us on a tour of the beautiful property afterwards. We got to witness some behind-the-scenes preparations for the Plume's evening opening, as well as admire some of the luxurious suites available. There were so many great historical details, including Thomas Jefferson's words inscribed on the room's window panes, and some original manuscripts displayed in the lobby.

It was the most perfect way to spend a few quiet hours together on the last day of the year. I had no idea the hotel participated in this past Restaurant Week, but I highly recommend it as one of D.C.'s best kept-secrets and top dining gems.

And one of the best parts? No one rushed me while I took my time taking photos of, well, almost everything.

***

The Jefferson Hotel
1200 16th Street, NW
Washington D.C., DC 20036
(202) 448-2300

3 comments:

emma lee said...

i know i should be salivating at the food, but what caught my eye were your SHOES! LOVE!

Kim said...

you've got a good eye there, lady!
i love them, too, minus the fact that they hurt like a mofo, though, so i only wear them from time to time.

scriptamanent said...

Yummmy... I must try next time I'm in town. Cute photo of you and Mf!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails