Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer livin'.

Growing up, summer meant climbing and swinging off trees, racing my bike down hills all day, and spending all of our money on candy and Mr. Freezies from the mom-and-pop convenience store a few blocks down the street.

I can't remember the last time I felt like I had all the time in the world like I did back then, but I resolve to get back in touch with my inner child in the next few months.

Inspired by Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere's summer to-do list, here is my very own for my first summer of DC livin':
  1. Relax after a busy work week at Jazz in the Garden at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden [DONE - 6/24/11 & 7/29/11].
  2. Medidate with old and potentially new friends in the Moongate Garden at the Smithsonian National Museum of African Art.
  3. Visit the Newseum. [DONE - 6/12/11]
  4. Watch a movie -- or several -- outdoors. [DONE - 6/12/11]
  5. Practice my photography on still life or people.
  6. Ride around the city, thanks to Capital Bikeshare.
  7. Kayak during sunset on the Potomac River on Jack's Boathouse Twilight Tour.
  8. Check out a beer garden.
  9. Wander around the Eastern Market for fresh produce and various trinkets.
  10. Take a cooking class, in the hopes that it will lead me to cooking more in general.
  11. Take a sewing class, and attempt to make my own sundress(es). (But not before donating lots of old clothes to Goodwill, first!)
And, needless to say, there will be plenty of pool parties, BBQs, and roadtrips with friends in between!

1 comment:

v o j a c q u e said...

all sounds wonderful. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails