Sunday, June 19, 2011

There are no wrong turns.

Things have not been easy. And my heart doesn't realize it's still hurting so deeply until I am alone, in the dark.

In the darkness, the silence whispers to me stories of memories and moments with you. In the darkness, I can't pretend to forget; the sobs escaping my chest are reminders that I will always remember.

It's painful, when you realize that some journeys are meant to be traveled on your own; that in order to go forward, you must leave certain things, people, or places behind. There's always the tendency and desire to hold on, but I've learned time and time again that you cannot move on without letting go. Otherwise, you risk betraying your own soul; your own potential to grow.

But there has always been something freeing in getting lost. For oftentimes, it is while getting lost that we usually find our own way again.

I'm finding my own way again. And up ahead, where I am heading, there are no wrong turns.

2 comments:

V said...

thank you for this.. i really needed to read this right now. i'm not sure exactly whats going on in your life at the moment but for me, i definitely feel like i'm starting at square one.

Kim said...

v -- it certainly feels like it for me, too... but instead of looking at it from a "god, now i have to start all over" perspective, i've been forcing myself to see it as a brand new opportunity to start fresh, period, without any attachment to the past or what/who/wherever i left behind.

i sincerely hope that whatever you decide to do, and that whatever unfolds in the future -- both in yours and mine -- i sincerely hope that we will find some peace and perhaps closure in our situations. sending you big hugs and love from afar! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails