Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And so who wants to go on living forever.


As beautiful and wonderful the holiday seasons always are, I usually find myself in severe want of "me" time quickly thereafter; a necessary detox, to savor the peaceful quiet after the storm. And as the end of 2010 plants a kiss on me before it tiptoes its way out the door, there's not much else I'd like to do more than spend these last few days of the year finishing up a good bottle of wine, wearing next to nothing by a warm and cozy fireplace, doing mostly nothing but read, think, reflect, and write.


2010 was a tremendously good year, with so much good to be found and enjoyed in so many moments, people, and places. So many passions and interests were pursued, and so many personal and professional goals were achieved. And, despite a few unfortunate losses and decisions to let live and let go, there have been many memories that I've come to hold very close and dear to my heart; many experiences and lessons to remember, always.

But perhaps one of the best feelings that I am bringing with me into the new year is this realization of knowing -- and I mean truly, deeply, genuinely knowing, without a doubt -- understanding, and accepting myself. It is an exhilirating place to be, really, and it is with an open heart and arms that I am welcoming in 2011 and all of its surprises and possibilities.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails