Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A work in progress.

Manfriend and I have been talking about redoing and redecorating our little love nest lately. A few cabinet lights here, a new bookcase there. We also need to get rid of his empty aquarium and that age-old television set in our room as soon as possible...
{prints from graphic designer Therese Senneholt}

I was semi-bracing myself for a possible clash in aesthetics, but come to find out, the Mister and I both have similar tastes, which makes these upcoming changes and home improvement projects truly exciting to look forward to. Who knows what will happen once we start getting down and dirty, though... I'll let the animal print and hot pink pillows go, but filling up the house with framed prints and photos is a battle I'm totally fighting (and winning).

But first things first: we are thinking of repainting the walls white, white, white. Whereas some people might find the color too sterile and cold, I have always taken quite a liking to it. I have been browsing the web for inspiration and, although many of these photos look slightly too staged and entirely too sophisticated to truly feel like a comfortable "home" to me, I admire each owner's commitment to creating and keeping such beautiful living spaces. I can't wait to get started!

4 comments:

scriptamanent said...

I love relationship posts - they make me happy. I see you also read the Glamourai. :) And we're strangely too similar in more ways than I can list. Can't wait to see what you and the mister come up with. You two should come visit us and vice versa. I need to start loading up on coupled-up friends. That would be so fun!

Anonymous said...

Funny, I call my significant other "Manfriend" too :)

emma lee said...

sigh. i love the "home" you've projected through the pictures. reminds me of ... london actually. quaint and clean and bright. is this how DC's like??

v o j a c q u e said...

I love the color white, especially white bedding sheets and big windows for natural light. I'm pretty much describing my room, haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails