Thursday, December 2, 2010

Home is where the heart is.

With each loving, morning kiss received and given, I am continually reminded of how much I love and am loved by him. Our relationship continues to grow and deepen and is developing into something quite unique and amazing.

I am infinitely thankful.

...

He was away on business until this past Wednesday, and, whereas I was still living with my family whenever he was out of town on past trips, his absence was painfully felt much more stronger this time around, as I came home alone to an empty place each night.

The bed seemed to swallow me whole as I tried to fall asleep, reaching over to no one and nothing as I tossed and turned and yearned for him. Even the rainy, dreary weather seemed to be crying along with me at the time.

...


I am still trying to settle into these new quarters, transforming what's his and mine into what's ours, while carefully still maintaining our own personal identities and spaces... but in the midst of these transitions, there is also a certain sense of calmness to the chaos, safely enveloping everything in a soft, familiar comfort.

I want to build a home with this man, and in this home I want weekly fresh flowers in bright and beautiful colors. I want warm, delicious smells to greet every person walking through the door. I want this home, and the next, to harbor lots of love, laughter and memories with family and friends.

I want it all.


And I am working every day towards getting it.

2 comments:

scriptamanent said...

This is one of those blogs where I wish Blogger had a recommend function! You know what I'm saying? I wish this damn site were more easy to use...but at any rate, this was lovely, and I'm happy for you. You are always a dreamer and I like reading about that aspect of you. I was also thinking about how different your writing has changed over the years; I kind of miss the other chick even though this one is so mature and happy! More to come but probably better reserved for face-to-face talks rather than a comment to a post. <3 And, thanks for the compliments -- you're too sweet, seriously.

emma lee said...

so sweet. sometimes it's nice to hear other people and live vicariously through their sap :) can't wait to hear more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails