Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cinderella is proof.

That a new pair of shoes can change your life. - Anon

This inspiring photo of J. Crew's creative director Jenna Lyons' wall of shoes, spotted awhile ago on my friend J's amazing blog, urgently reminded me that I needed to devise a way to stylishly display my own collection while making efficient use of space.

Now that Manfriend and I are living together, I can't just have my shoes strewn all over the place (even though, to my defense, they were all arranged in a fairly neat manner on the bedroom floor before). Lucky for him, I (relatively) don't own that many pairs to begin with, or else I highly doubt he would have gifted me a few months' membership to ShoeDazzle, right?...

... right. In any case, he cleared out half of his closet and dropped off a few bags to Goodwill last weekend -- my turn to let go of the old is coming up this weekend and the next. (Or, that's the plan, at least.) I swear I'm not (really) a hoarder but I can already feel the separation anxiety kicking in!

images via

1 comment:

v o j a c q u e said...

awww -- thank you for mentioning my blog. you're so sweet!

and i love the use of the term manfriend. it definitely possesses a higher level of maturity as oppose to boyfriend. :) definitely can't put our men on the same level as the boyfriends of the past. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails