Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oh, it's DJ Steve Aoki and those Harajuku girls.

Saturday night at the Smithsonian: DJ Steve Aoki spinning, and some Harajuku girls sightings at Asia After Dark's "Tribute to Japanese Art and Fashion" event.


This event, specifically, sought to raise awareness and funds for the recent Japanese earthquake victims who still need our help.


Manfriend and I found it so strange (and amusing!) that there was literally a SEA of people surrounding Aoki (can you spot him?), just standing there, bobbing their heads in a trance.



Fabulous! I have no idea how he was able to walk around in these.



Cherry Surprise!

If you have never partied after-hours at a museum before, I highly suggest you get on their mailing list soon; trust me, tickets always sell out!

1 comment:

Cashew said...

Great pictures! I wish you'd taken more! Haha. Thats me in the pirate lolita, and my friend Aimee in the Mana cosplay. The event was awesome, I was so honored to be apart of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails