Friday, May 20, 2011

Why follow when you can lead?

I was ecstatic when I received the latest issue of BAZAAR in the mail. As I go through the next few days trying to hold it together in the midst of work, deadlines, and getting my personal affairs in order... I am reminded of this woman's words.


"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."

Amen.

2 comments:

scriptamanent said...

My dislike is in the presumption that we're forced to choose between following our men or following our dreams. Maybe I'm an unrealistic optimist for thinking that we're not resigned to one or the other, or maybe that's just what never settling truly means.

Kim said...

i started writing this long comment but this blog is more public rather than private so would have to email you soon! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails