Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home sweet home.

I haven't been home for a while; a few days to a week, maybe. After many "we miss you!"s from my mother, I am indulging her and will be heading back tomorrow tonight.

I look forward to seeing my father's weekly batch of freshly-cut flowers sitting on the kitchen table.

And you can always tell whether or not my parents have entertained important guests recently.

When the weather gets cold, I very much enjoy reading a good book in our living room.

This is because our home starts to resemble a small jungle around this time of year, as my father starts moving his most beloved, exotic plants from his outside garden, indoors.

And although my parents have always made "home" a safe place for me to return to, I can't wait to officially leave the nest soon. To "spread my wings", as they say. To build and to have my own home sweet home.

1 comment:

E. Kay said...

darling, your photography is getting so good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails