Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taking it day by day.

In the spirit of counting down to Halloween last month, I gave myself a daily challenge:

Do one thing each day that scares you.

Some scary items I've managed to check off my list (and I am perfectly aware that "scary" is relative here, so no poking fun at me, please!):
  • Running a half-marathon for the very first time.
  • Not wearing any make-up at all to a fancy client event.
  • Being vulnerable.
  • Watching gory horror movies.

There remains a few things that I still find a tad daunting, though (e.g. cooking!), but I have long realized that of all the things that I am afraid of, I am most afraid of the things that are beyond my control.

But what I can control in the here and now, however, are the attitudes and actions that I mindfully and meaningfully choose to assume as my own, each and every day.

What I can control, is to take it one day at a time.

Currently brainstorming my next daily project. Considering I am photographing a beautiful friend this Saturday, I might have to take a few photos each day from now on until then to warm myself up -- figuratively and literally, that is; the weather here in DC seemed to have dropped about 30 degrees overnight! Brrrr.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails