Monday, November 22, 2010

Ice, ice, baby!

I spent the first 14 years of my life born and bred in Canada, but that doesn't mean I ever learned to love winter. Growing up, I had immeasurable amounts of fun playing in the snow, but that got old (and way too cold!) when I got older, of course. Nowadays, I can barely tolerate it when it is 40 degrees outside.

This past weekend, I temporarily pushed my dislike for freezing temperatures aside to attend ICE! at the Gaylord National Convention Center, where everything in the exhibit is made of -- take a wild guess here -- ice! It was a fantastic production, despite it being a cool nine degrees and having to walk around in these oversized blue parkas. Both Manfriend and I agree that this year's event was even better than the last, as we absolutely loved the Dr. Seuss' "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" theme!

If you will be in the DC area this Thanksgiving holiday, or have relatives or friends from out-of-town, I definitely suggest working in a trip!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails